A&T professionals represent our clients in a broad range of dispute resolution matters ranging from commercial and corporate litigation, banking, employment, shipping and trading, marine casualty and admiralty, insurance, real estate, tax disputes to construction and engineering, administrative and public litigation.
We have unrivalled experience to deliver claim strategies for each stage of the litigation process and this drives our clients to a successful and beneficial outcome. We also know how to minimise the legal costs of the dispute and maximise the possibility of obtaining favourable judgments for our clients, since we are continually able to create strategic, innovative and unique guidance.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
We deliver innovative, cutting-edge, unique solutions through alternative dispute resolution.
We are well experienced to deal with complicated disputes and create innovative strategies so that our clients can reach successful solutions by driving their businesses.
We work on a broad range of ADR processes including mediation, adjudication, expert determination and bespoke solutions.
Banking & Finance Litigation
We closely work with our clients from the commencement of a dispute through to trial and to work on strategies as well as preparing and documenting the case and presenting in court.
Our banking litigation team offers first class, pragmatic and cost-effective litigation services by monitoring national and international developments.
We cover a broad range of banking litigation matters for the local and global banks, financial institutions and their customers.
Commercial & Corporate Litigation
A&T provides pragmatic, professional and comprehensive litigation services on all types of large-scale commercial and corporate disputes. Our commercial and corporate litigation team offers commercially focused and cutting-edge solutions for complicated disputes. Our global and solution oriented approach enables us to handle a number of litigious problems of our clients in an effective and efficient as well as a cost-effective way.
We handle our clientsâ€™ all types of litigious problems both national and global arena including:
- Aviation Disputes
- Corporate governance related disputes
- Commercial agreement disputes such as operation and service agreements, ship building agreements, shipping lines, user agreements, etc.
- Franchising and distribution litigation
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Joint venture disputes
- Post-mergers and acquisitions disputes
- Privacy and security
- Professional liability litigation
- Public take-over bids
- Shareholder disputes
Construction & Engineering Disputes
A&T offers innovative and commercially focused advice in all types of engineering and construction related disputes.
Our construction and engineering dispute team deals with matters including infrastructure such as electricity and gas â€“ rail â€“ road â€“ water â€“ ports and airports; LNG, petrochemicals and pipelines. Building disputes such as commercial and residential as well as industrial â€“ mega projects.
We advise on all types of construction claims, including defect claims, delays and extensions of time, disruption claims, liquidated damages, performance guarantees, variation claims, etc.
We act for a broad range of clients across the construction and engineering industry, including: major public and private sector developers and owners, contractors and subcontractors, end-users, occupiers, engineers, surveyors and architects, government entities, power and utility companies, suppliers, service and technology providers, employers and project managers â€“ operators, funders as well as property insurers.
A&T employment team advises on domestic and international based medium and major sized companies, employees as well as individuals for employment matters, disputes and transactions.
As we have involved in a number of employment disputes, we have a comprehensive understanding of the regulations that impact on employment matters. We are therefore dedicated ourselves to providing tailor-made and innovative solutions on an individual basis.
Insurance & Reinsurance Disputes
We provide our clients with commercially focused, practical and cutting-edge solutions to their legal insurance related issues.
We represent and act for a number of local and global capital providers, claims managers, insurance and reinsurance brokers and other intermediaries, insurance companies, managing and underwriting agencies, marine intermediaries and service providers, ship and cargo owners, policyholders, protection and indemnity clubs (P&I Clubs), regulators and syndicates.
Our work includes:
- Coverage disputes
- Regulatory matters
- Scrutiny of insurance documents
- Air accidents
- Aviation coverage disputes
- Aviation and product liability claims
- Political risks
- Regulatory advice
- Cargo insurance disputes
- Coverage claims arise from breach of warranty, inherent vice, insured perils, policy wording exclusions, unseaworthiness, misrepresentation, and non-disclosure
- Hull and machinery claims arise from actual and constructive total loss, collisions, groundings, salvage, ship building risks and war risks.
- Liability claims arise from cargo ownersâ€™ liability, charterersâ€™ liability, freight forwarders liability, ports and terminals liability, shippersâ€™ liability, warehousesâ€™ liability, and other marine liabilities.
- Marine insurance related contractual disputes
- Mortgage disputes
- Yacht insurance disputes
- Brokerage insurance
- Contingency/cancellation cover
- Directors and officers insurance disputes
- Hotels and leisure insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Real estate and property insurance
- Trade and commodity risks
Marine Casualty & Admiralty Disputes
We provide customised dispute resolutions across the entire marine casualty and admiralty disputes by combining every commercial needs and objectives of our clients with legal requirements.
We have extensive knowledge and experience of marine crisis management, casualties and investigations. We are able to deliver expert advice on a range of diverse marine casualties and our clients can benefit from our in-house expert mariners.
The marine casualty and admiralty team has broad knowledge in casualty response and investigation for cargo owners, carriers, charterers, marine insurers as well as shipowners.
Our team has extensive familiarities with the risks of operating vessels including commercial and legal risks such as oil pollution, environmental risks, etc. The team is also used to monitoring regulatory developments across the entire marine industry.
A&T professional admiralty team is available to respond to marine casualty and admiralty incidents and their legal and commercial effects whenever and wherever our clients need.
Our work includes:
- Arrest of vessels and exercising maritime/statutory/contractual, etc. liens
- Collision disputes
- Damage to rigs
- Emergency response services
- Environmental damage
- Explosion or fire
- Grounding or stranding
- Marine-related personal injury
- Port and terminal disasters
- Regulatory matters
- Risk management
- Salvage disputes
- Towage disputes
- Total and partial loss
- Wreck removal disputes
Shipping & Trading Disputes
Our shipping dispute resolution team involves highly experienced professionals who act on the most complicated disputes across the whole shipping world.
We are able to deliver first class dispute resolution services across the entire shipping industry as we have a depth understanding of international trade and shipping disputes. We also have a unique academic shipping team; working closely with our shipping dispute resolution team, so that our clients can benefit from our commercial approach to shipping disputes as well as meeting with unrivalled strategic maneuverers in each case.
We represent and act for a number of local and global cargo owners, charterers, classification societies, ship managers, marine insurers/reinsurers, ports, shipowners, shipping banks, shipyards and trading houses on the entire contentious matters in the shipping sector, including:
- Bunkering disputes
- Dry shipping disputes
- Infrastructure disputes
- Letter of credit disputes
- Offshore energy disputes i.e. LNG and floating production
- Ports and terminals disputes
- Regulatory and environmental matters
- Risk management
- Shipping contracts disputes
- Shipping corporate governance
- Shipbuilding disputes
- Wet shipping disputes
Other Dispute Resolution Matters
A&T also handles our clientsâ€™ other litigious problems both national and global arena including:
- Administrative and public law disputes
- Aviation disputes
- Corporate and M&A disputes â€“ corporate fraud
- Energy and natural resources disputes
- Environmental disputes
- Funds litigation
- Health and safety disputes
- Inheritance legislation
- Insolvency disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Internet, media and advertising disputes
- Mining litigation and dispute resolution
- Professional negligence disputes
- Real estate disputes
- Sport disputes
- Tax investigation and disputes
- Transportation litigation